Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Dramatic crap...



Lookit me trying to make my assemblage of found objects all dramatic. Truth be told, it is a bunch of stuff that would otherwise be in a land fill photographed on a black notebook I was given in Asia...junk on junk.

I'd like to think it is artistically arranged junk on junk...but still it is what it is.

And lately, no one seems as concerned or interested in my style of junk on junk...they seem to be more interested in food, rent and the price of gas. How on earth can I compete with that????

I understand, I do.

Impulse buys are so much more fun when you don't have to wait for the post, dink around with Pay Pal or squint at my poorly photographed attempts at art. I get it.

And, I haven't been buying either. I can't remember the last time I went on a junk-run. I'm a bit surprised I haven't gotten a get well card from the local Goodwill.
Its scary out there and who knows when it will 'normal' out,
if it will 'normal' out, or if even this IS 'normal'.

Its kind of hard to go imagine paying for unnecessary stuff when it takes over $100 to fill the tank...(yeah, I had to buy that big-gas truck, didn't I) and a trip to the local grocery should include a side trip to an anger management class.

So, I grit my teeth and carry on, hoping someday that my thousands (seriously) of resumes will hit the right desk and I can get back to enjoying making stuff for the fun of making stuff.

In the mean time...the words of wisdom from my Grandpa come to mind:
make it do
wear it out
use it up or
go without

No comments:

Post a Comment