Friday, May 14, 2010

sometimes simple is the best


I just posted this necklace and I really like it. It is a pair of antique glass buttons on a simple chain. After I finished it I dinked around with adding a semi precious stone or a cute heart dangle but decided it said exactly all I wanted to say. K.I.S.S.

I have a bad habit of overdoing it, of adding just that wee bit too much garlic (as if there could be such a thing) or grinding the pepper one crank too many.

I wear way too much jewelry, eyeliner and perfume and always add one extra thing that should have been left behind. Scarf anyone?

But such is my style. My mother had a bunch of things she kept waiting to wear for 'good'...hats, shoes, jewelry...not me baby, if I got it I'm wearing it. Once I bought this awesome pin at the Atlanta gift market, freaking awesome (OK, they guy that sold it to me was wearing a Kilt and his accent put me right over the top...love a man with a dagger in his sock!) Anyway, it was silver and had long long feathers in it. I didn't want to smash it on the flight back so I wore it home.

Getting to the airport the Northwest agent said ' oh baby...you don't have to worry, we will fly you home'...apparently the feathers were a bit much.

And don't get me started about my hats...I have been wearing Fedora since before they were cool.

So, in an attempt to add some simple grace to my shop, I will just leave the necklace the way it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment