Friday, July 1, 2011

before and after




So this is a beat up candle holder I found at the Goodwill. Amber glass beads on a metal base. Yeah, it was pretty jacked up and on its last legs.

I made it into this necklace, adding a rather large Agate pendant I also found among my scrounging.

Making stuff from stuff...
2nd chance
going green
too cheap to buy real supplies
whatever, this is how I do it

I also wish I could just go to Hobby Lobby and buy strings of beads and pendants. My life would be mush less messy right now. I got boxes piled up in corners waiting for the exact project to come to mind.

I got butter dishes, take out containers, cigar boxes and Tupperware filled with vintage and antique beads. Vintage chains hand from every possible location, and tiny little jars filled to the rim with buttons fill my closet.

Sometimes I have to wait years for the right project to come along. This makes going to garage sales, flea markets, and resale shops a time consuming pastime...yeah, I do want that antique, jacked up deck of playing cards...why...I have no idea...yet.

That baggie of antique glass bottle stoppers...mine.
grocery bag filled with sheet music...mine too
It all has some charm, and someday another chance to be 'something'.

No comments:

Post a Comment