Friday, June 25, 2010

when life give you zippers...


make a zipper necklace...

I have always been a firm believer in playing the hand you are given. Trying to be something you are not can only lead to frustration, confusion and sadness in the end. I know I will never be...oh, say a:

supermodel
rock star
accountant
mother in law
famous chef (infamous maybe..anyone want a scoop of 'Dundee surprise'?)
talk show host

but I can be a:
good friend
salvager of broken crap
professional job interviewee
Beatle fan
competitive whiner
coffee freak

I can spend my days gluing things together and calling it art (and do) or I can spend my days looking for a job and whining that no one will hire me...(I do that too) or I can be handed a broken zipper pull and see the necklace inside.

So lets all forget about the broken zipper and look for the hidden jewelry!

1 comment:

  1. what a neat idea. I love it... and right along with you on the Beatle fan and coffee freak...

    ReplyDelete