Wednesday, November 17, 2010

let the insanity begin


One of my favorite (unsold) designs. I like it for all the wrong reasons, its bright red, stylized and not traditional at all. Not to say there is anything wrong with tradition, it helps place us in the universe, but this season brings out the wacky in everyone.

Even as I type the race is on to find the 'right' turkey, locate the serving dishes and make sure you invite everyone. Then its the mad dash to put up the tree, start the shopping, decorate the cookies, mail the cards, etc, etc, etc...

I opted out of this years ago...

This year David has to work on Thanksgiving, so I made reservations for a nice evening meal at a beautiful Inn. No crazy getting up at 5am to stuff the turkey, no dishes and no pressure to eat till you explode. Of course, if my mom were around she would also point out: no leftovers! That is the give and take of a stress free life.

Christmas, we will probably not even buy presents, after 31 years together, you got all the cheap perfume, moisturizer and body lotion a person can use. And after the year he bought me a Chain Saw, I decided gift giving was not his forte.

Nope, I'm not buying into the 'black Friday' sales, the must have gifts (I know he thought that snuggie was a freakin' awesome idea) will be left for some body's elses garage sale and no lebukucken will be made.

Its not that I am anti-Christmas...quite the contrary. I just think the mad dash to fulfill some misguided vision of a perfect holiday causes more harm than good.

My idea of a perfect holiday season...home made presents and cards, visiting freinds and family, evenings of laughter and rememberance.

So, if you enjoy the crazy, head out for the black friday sales with your cupons and left over turkey sandwiches...me, I'm sipping my decaf and watching the world go by.

No comments:

Post a Comment